Ottawa is more vibrant than ever! There is always something exciting to do or see. Whether it is taking in a show, enjoying an outdoor festival, attending a community class, or simply hanging out and enjoying Ottawa’s unique culture. It is the people that make Ottawa special. This is a place to work, live and call home.
“Houses can form a neighborhood but only people can make it a community."
Community is an essential part of family, of lifestyle, and of real estate.
Understanding local conditions in Ottawa is important when it comes to buying and selling real estate, but the neighborhood you choose can have a dramatic impact on all other aspects of your life as well.
When it’s time to move, call me to get a representative on your side who has experience, Ottawa market knowledge, and the confidence to help you make the best transaction possible. Enjoy!
Tips for Finding the Perfect Neighborhood
1. Make a list of all of the amenities that are close by in the neighborhood you are considering as your new residence
Keep in mind what distances and routes to each of these places are acceptable and what are not.
2. Determine what the best features of the neighborhoods are
This is especially helpful if you are deciding between a few different neighborhoods.
- Are there parks nearby?
- Is it scenic and visually appealing?
- Are there quiet areas, streets, culs de sac?
- Are the people friendly in the neighborhood?
- Is the neighborhood clean? Yards, streets, parks?
- Are there nice trees and foliage?
- Do the lots have large or small yards?
- Are there walkways and are they easily accessible?
- Is it a safe neighborhood?
- What are the market values of the homes in the area?
- Are there many houses for sale?>
- How long ago was the community developed?
- What is the average age of the people in the area?
- Are there families with small children in the area?
- What is the proximity to schools?
- Are there community events or organizations?
3. Walk around in the neighborhood
The best way to determine the cleanliness and friendliness of the neighborhood is to walk around in it and meet its residents.